Union 206 (Upper Level of Union)
(620) 792-9233 (Office)
(620) 786-0392 (Cell)
Student Health Clinic Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:00 - 12:00 & 1:00 - 4:30
* Hours subject to change.
Barton employs a registered nurse from August through May to assist with basic health care needs. 服务 are free to all students and employees of the college.
The mission of the College 卫生服务 is to help maintain a state of optimum health, both physical and emotional, 在学生中, 教职员工.
- Routine health checks
- First Aid and emergency care
- Prescription injections given with approval of prescribing physician and college nurse (does not include allergy injections)
- Assistance with referrals for medical, dental and eye
- Immunization information
- Assistance with family planning, STD and HIV counseling and referrals
- Source medical information
The College is NOT responsible for expenses incurred for ambulance assistance and medical bills.
After hour emergency care can be obtained at:
Convenient Care/Walk-In Clinics
Hours: Monday-Saturday 8 a.m.-8 p.m.周日下午1-7点.m.
University of Kansas Systems-St. Rose Convenient Care
Hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Emergency Room, University of Kansas Health Systems-Great Bend Campus
Hours: 24 Hours 7 Days a Week
Barton follows the established recommendations of the KDHE (Kansas Department of Health and Education and the ACHA (American College Health Association).
- Recommend all college students review and update immunizations.
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella)
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis known as whooping cough)
- Campus housing and all international students are requested to provide immunization documentation.
More information on Measles:
KDHE Measles Guidelines
- Following recommendations from the Kansas Board of Regents, all campus housing students are required to provide documentation of the 脑膜炎 Vaccine or sign a waiver presently indicating no vaccine on that date.
Information on meningitis:
Barton 社区 College Policy 2613-Immunization
Forms related to Immunization policy:
- KS statute KSA 2009 Supp. 65-129 requires all first time students applying for admission to college with intent to enter classroom settings, complete a tuberculosis screening questionnaire. (Exempt students will include those enrolled 100% to online classes, continuing education programs, 研讨会, inmates at Correctional Facilities and Fort Riley students enrolled in Military classes generated by the Army and taught by Barton faculty providing military training/education.)
学生 from high risk categories will complete a Tuberculosis Assessment with possible tuberculosis testing completed and read prior to “HOLD” removal on student account.
Positive answers require further tuberculosis evaluation.
- As part of the International Check-in Process all international students are required to be seen in Student Health. Tuberculosis Screening with possible TB testing to be competed as is deemed necessary.
According to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), all individuals are required to maintain Essential Coverage in Health Insurance. The college does not have a plan or endorse 任何 particular plan. 联系 Student Health for further information.
学生 can check with their private insurance carriers to see if 医疗保险 is available or visit the following websites:
EJ Smith and Associates offers affordable medical insurances policies specific to student needs.